Gettin Started (Drumstep) Gettin Started (Drumstep)

So juicy man, alot better than those atonal "dubstep" atrocities.

2011 - Need A Solution 2011 - Need A Solution

Again...

(from my last review), killed it man. I'm lovin the lyrics and I'm loving the flow from word to word; phrase to phrase. I would just add that your voice is perhaps just a little breathy. I'm not saying go rambo with your voice - the energy is great - but maybe support from abdominal muscles a bit more. I don't know, just play around with that idea, see what works.

bsmoothie responds:

Thanks for the criticism. I've always felt my voice was kind of breathy. I was hoping nobody would notice lol. I'll for sure be doing some ab work-outs before my next song. Thanks again for the feedback.

Nothing Really Special - ft. Nothing Really Special - ft.

Damn Dude...

It's one thing to have some solid rhymes (which you seem to manage well), but it's a whole other thing when you fit them lyrically into a tight rhythm (like speaking rhythm, not just to the backing track). I can respect you as a rapper because you pretty much killed it here...in a good way of course. You also have a nice tambour to your speaking voice, which always helps :]

Keep it up man!

bsmoothie responds:

Thanks a lot!! It's really great to get this kind of feedback on here. I definitely hope to make some more like this.

Start With the Melody Start With the Melody

I really like this.

I really think this a good start, I just want to state a couple things that might make this sound better. The chord progression seems to be a repeated Gm, Am, F, Dm, Dm, F, C, C. That F chord after the Am is kind of awkward sounding to me. It might be better to skip the F and go straight to the Dm chord, and find a creative way to fill the space after it. OR maybe replace the F chord with a Bb chord so that it sounds better going to the Dm after it. Otherwise I find this very enjoyable. The melody is pretty solid, and it has an overall mature electronic sound to it. I hope I don't come off as pretentious with all the chord crap, I just didn't know how else to say it. Anyway, keep it up!

BlackParchment responds:

I am very lazy when it comes to chords. Next release I'll try it your way

Thunderclouds! Thunderclouds!

I absolutely love this.

And to be honest I'm not entirely sure why lol. It just drew me in. I love the chord progression, and the way you subtlety built it up over time. The sounds are a bit simple and a bit sparse (mainly referring to the drum samples), but perhaps that adds to the atmosphere of the song, idk. I would have loved to hear some sort of climactic ending to this to top it off. But overall very nice.

I hate to impose, but would you mind if I slightly remixed your idea here? I was thinking of making it a bit trancey. I would of course credit you and all.

Neon-Bard responds:

Thank you very much for the review, I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks for being honest too. I'll take your suggestions and hopefully the next one I make will reflect something better! As for remixing it, I'd only be too happy to see what could be done here. If you do remix it, let me know as soon as it's done! :D

Spring Winds (vs. Dan Roth) Spring Winds (vs. Dan Roth)

I can totally jam to this

I feel like this would be a great song to get up to in the morning. It has that fresh, new feeling of a brand new day. The beginning is like when you first open your eyes and everything is coming into focus, and then bam! You're up and on your way. Lovin' it.

DevotionTrance responds:

Precisely.

Fucks Pavillion (WIP) Fucks Pavillion (WIP)

Sick

The overall ambiance and professional sound of this song is astounding. Plus, the abundance of little nuances really add to the atmosphere without taking away from the core melody or harmony. My only complaint is that I feel as though the build up right before the drop leaves a little to be desired. It cuts off a bit too suddenly and without too much notice. However, I realize that this might be for effect. Anyway, I can't wait the finished product! Keep it up :]

DevotionTrance responds:

Will do! This is also a song made by me and my friend Blake. We go by the name 'NuTronic'. Maybe you'll hear of us again some time soon, who knows?

Inferno (Preview) - F-777 Inferno (Preview) - F-777

IT'S SO GRITTY!

The caps was necessary :]

I love me a gritty bass, when it's done right of course, and I don't think this could have been better (at least not until it's finished). I got to say, the percussion on this is very well done, especially how transition from the typical 4/4 dance beat to the breakbeat feel, very nice there :]

I can't wait to hear a finished product!

/_Asteroid_\ /_Asteroid_\

This is a great piece...

But I couldn't help but hear a few spots were some instrumentation may have been added or amped up. I'm not one for over complicating things or mudding things up, but there definitely a few shallow spots on this track like from 1:27 (even though I'm pretty sure you were just trying to make a solid build up) to the actual "chorus".
Otherwise this made for a pleasant listening experience, and I hope that maybe one day I can compose trance like this.

Elegy Remix Elegy Remix

I really like this

Very calm and soothing. I have to say, I like the fx in this, it definitely adds to the ambiance of the song. A bit of an abrupt ending, but not much alse to say besides that. The percussion cut out when appropriate, and the pads are beautiful. Great job!